I went to Subway today and asked for an Egg Salad sub. The "sandwich artist" looked at me, confused. He pointed to the salads on the menu and asked me to point it out. I told him I didn't want a salad, I wanted it on a sandwich. He then got more confused, asked me if I wanted a salad put on a sandwich. I swear, I'm not making this up. After I said NO, he asked me what egg salad was. I said "It's made of hard-boiled eggs, (then) it's normally kept next to the tuna fish", on which he said "Oh, you want tuna?"
Once again, I bit my tongue, and explained it was made from hard-boiled eggs, but before I could finish explaining, he cut me off and said "Oh, with the mustard?" NNNOOOO!!! This brain-dead imbecile then scratched his head and turned around again, started scanning the breakfast menu for something with "eggs" in the ingredients. I decided to give up at that point, and got a turkey Italiano melt. It was okay, but didn't hit the spot like a delicious egg salad sandwich. Moral of the story- I'd rather have a homeless street artist in a Subway station make my food than some "sandwich artists' at Subway restaurants. Oye Vay!
Yet people like this are arguing for $15/hr. If fast food employees are given $15/hr, I'm gonna start my own movement...to have every customer who walks in a fast food restaurant to be openly hostile and argumentative, not speak any English and order only specially-made food, like cheeseburger no pickle, fries no salt, chicken nuggets with only dark meat, or some other obnoxious order that annoys the shit out of the workers. I will also tell everyone to pay with all change - nothing higher than a nickel and instruct them to have violent, ungodly messy food fights in the dining room, with bonus points for anyone who gets sick in the dining area. Then, after they leave, I will encourage my followers to then take a disgusting, runny fast food shit on each one of the employees cars.
![]() |
| ...They'll mess up your order just the same, regardless |
I worked at McDonalds 9 years, from Jr. High through college, and there is no way that job should pay $15/hr. That's $31,200/year, more than over half the hard-working people in this country! There is no way flipping burgers and reciting "Would you like fries with that?" should pay more than a teacher, cop, fireman, factory worker..or many other professions that are much more demanding, stressful, dangerous or necessary. I loved working at McDonalds, cuz it was easy, fun and I made a lot of great friends, many of whom I still talk to today. I definitely did not do it for the money! No one should quit their job as a school teacher to enter the "highly lucrative" world of fast food service That's like dumping your supermodel wife for a transvestite hooker because "you don't need to wear a condom with the hooker". Giving these naive, delusional, under-skilled, high school educated spoiled brats $15/hr would not only be wrong, it would be enraging! If this ridiculous movement gains any serious traction, I'm gonna lose my shit...and, more than likely, switch careers.


No comments:
Post a Comment